Student electrocuted to death, four sustain burn injuries in Odisha

Bhubaneswar, Sep 19 : A student died while four others sustained serious burn injuries due to electrocution after a steel pole accidentally came into contact with 11Kv live electric wire inside the campus of a private university at Naraj in Cuttack district of Odisha. The deceased student has been identified as Soham Bhagawan Sawale. He was a native of Aurangabad district of Maharashtra. ???While some students were carrying the Ganesh idol on a tractor to their institute in a procession, one of them waving the steel flagpole accidentally touched the live wire on university premises. The injured students were immediately rushed to a nearby private hospital where the doctors declared Sawale brought dead,??? a police official said. The students suffered burn injuries are reported to be out of danger. Meanwhile, the fire services officials are yet to trace a youth who had gone missing during immersion of Viswakarma idol in Kuakhai River on the outskirts of the city Monday afternoon. /IANS


President Biden torches Trump s rhetoric on defunding police, saying it would lead to less safe America
Washington, Nov 22 : US President Joe Biden's 2024 re-election campaign targetted his predecessor Donald Trump over his rhetoric on defunding police,

After SC s adverse comments, Delhi govt says sent file for release of remaining fund for RRTS project a month back
New Delhi, Nov 21 : Hours after the Supreme Court came down heavily on the AAP government in the national capital saying that advertisement funds of t

Speaker Johnson meets Trump after supporting his candidacy for 2024 presidential race
Washington, Nov 22 : US House Speaker Mike Johnson met with ex-president Donald Trump at his Florida residence soon after becoming the highest ranking