Fire breaks out in Gujarat; five injured


Rajkot (Gujarat), Dec 3 : Five workers suffered burn injuries after a fire broke out in room they were staying in here on Saturday. Primarily, it seems that the fire broke out due to gas leak from a domestic LPG cylinder. The workers, hailing from Uttar Pradesh, were employees of Macpower Company situated in Metoda GIDC estate and resided in a rented room near Diamond park society. After hearing the victims' screams, neighbours rushed them to government hospital. The injured were identified as Mangli Shakhwat, Mayank, Kamlesh, Rahul and Rohit. Company's contractor Dinesh Vekariya, who visited the hospital to enquire the victims' well-being, spoke to them and later told media persons that after returning from work on Friday evening, the workers had cooked food and then have forgotten to switch off the knob of the gas stove, leading to gas leak. When Mayank Shakhwat used a matchstick to lit bidi the next morning, the fire broke out, Vekariya added. /IANS




Related

Fire breaks out at Amara Raja plant in Andhra Pradesh
Amaravati, Jan 31 : A massive fire broke out in Amara Raja Battery factory in Andhra Pradesh's Chittoor district on Monday evening, officials said.

Ten injured as bus catches fire in TN
Chennai, Jan 30 : Ten people suffered burn injuries after a Bengaluru-bound bus caught fire in Tamil Nadu's Salem district early on Monday. Ther

19,740 road accidents reported in Sri Lanka last yr
Colombo, Jan 30 : Some 19,740 road accidents were reported in Sri Lanka in 2022, the police said on Monday. Police spokesman Nihal Thalduwa told

Sharing