UP teen electrocuted while taking bath

UP


Sambhal (UP), July 22 : An 18-year-old teenager was electrocuted while taking a bath near a hand pump in Uttar Pradesh's Bhakroli village. According to reports, Sharif Ali was taking a bath before offering Eid prayers on Wednesday when he accidentally came in contact with a power line hanging overhead. Sharif was taken to a community health centre where he was declared dead. Later, police were informed and the family decided to take action against the power corporation limited for their alleged negligence as a faulty wire line was hanging near the house. The body has been sent for autopsy. Gunnaur SDM Ramkesh Dhama also visited the village and assured compensation after local villagers protested against the power corporation. Dhanari SHO said: "It was unfortunate incident and police are investigating the matter. The body has been handed over to the family after autopsy. The family has not given a written complaint yet. We will register their complaint whenever they decide to lodge it. "The SDM has also assured compensation to the family under a beneficiary scheme. Officials of the power corporation have also been informed about the incident." /IANS




Related

UP teen electrocuted while taking bath
Sambhal (UP), July 22 : An 18-year-old teenager was electrocuted while taking a bath near a hand pump in Uttar Pradesh's Bhakroli village. Accor

Minor killed as roof collapses in UP district
Lakhimpur Kheri, July 22 : A six-year-old girl was killed after the roof of a house collapsed following incessant rains in Uttar Pradesh's Lakhimpur K

4 killed, 17 missing after 3 boats sink in reservoir in Pak
Islamabad, July 22 : At least four people died and 17 others went missing on Wednesday after three boats sunk in a reservoir in Bajaur district of Pak